This product aims to meet the demands and needs of each customer whose vehicle requires a car service, MOT or repair with Servicing Stop Ltd.
01. A contract will be binding between Servicing Stop Ltd and the customer upon the booking of "car service".
02. If you place an order via the phone or internet you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a contract of sale and you are at least 18 years old and reside in the UK.
03. Servicing Stop Ltd will provide details of the cost of each car service and the work required before the work is done. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before any work is carried out.
04. If the car service cannot be done within 1 day due to circumstances beyond Servicing Stop Ltd’s control, an advisor will contact the customer and inform them accordingly - this may sometimes be due to parts not being delivered or the work required may take longer to complete.
05. All additional work is subject to VAT as required by law.
06. Replacement spark plugs and specialist oils may be required for your vehicle's service. If required, spark plugs will be quoted for on the day of the service. Regardless of your vehicle's make, model or age, Servicing Stop Ltd do not charge additionally for specialist oils. All oil types, including specialist oils - Longlife oil or Low Ash/Saps oil - are included as part of the car service or repairs work.
07. All parts used will adhere to the manufacturers' service schedule and warranty, and will be of "original equipment" (OE) standard - ensuring all manufacturers' warranties are validated.
08. Servicing Stop are able to support your vehicles service history through completing and stamping your Service Book, providing Service Documentation and updating where possible Digital Service Records.
Certain BMW's have onboard Service Book's and we are currently working with Manufacturers to look to update these, nevertheless with any works that we complete we always ensure that your Manufacturers warranty is protected at all times.
09. In addition to your Statutory Rights, a Parts & Labour Warranty is provided for a period of 12 months (or within 12,000 miles - whichever comes first) of work carried out by a Servicing Stop Ltd garage. The Warranty covers replacement defective parts or related workmanship.
10. The Warranty is dependent upon:
(a). Servicing Stop Ltd being given an opportunity to investigate or rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe
(b). The manufacturer's vehicle operating instructions being followed.
(c). Having the vehicle serviced according to the manufacturer's recommended schedule (at the time or distance specified).
(d). Full compliance with Servicing Stop advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by a Servicing Stop Ltd garage.
(e). The parts or workmanship carried out not being subjected abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
11. It's simple we will let you know when the Car Service is completed. From Here you can pay through our online payment system with your debit or Credit Card. A supplement of 2.5% will be added to the total amount if you pay by credit card & £1 if you pay by debit card.
12. Servicing Stop Ltd does not accept any liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle at a Servicing Stop Ltd garage.
13. As a customer, you have the right to cancel an Order within 14 days of making a booking or approving additional work. If you would like to cancel a booking or approved works you can do this by contacting us on 0800 970 9046. If you cancel, we'll reimburse you (if any payment has been made) the full sum unless you have asked us to start providing something before the end of your 14 day cancellation period, then you'll pay for the services that you have agreed and we have completed with any difference if applicable returned to you. If you cancel and you have asked us to start providing services before the end of your 14 day cancellation period but no works have been completed by Servicing Stop then no fee will apply.
14. Collection & Delivery is FREE at Servicing Stop Ltd and the insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by a Servicing Stop Ltd garage will normally be covered by the garage's insurance. In the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the amount of the excess on the insurance. Also the customer must adhere to the terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the garage. If insurance is not applicable to a courtesy car, the Servicing Stop Ltd Garage will inform the customer who will then be required to provide their own insurance. Collection & Delivery times may vary due to unforeseen circumstances – a servicing stop representative will always endeavour to contact you accordingly.
15. Servicing Stop are committed to environmental sustainability and employing waste disposal practices that reduce the environmental impact from our works. In order to ensure all waste is safely and responsibly handled and disposed of, waste disposal specialists with appropriate licences are utilised. Servicing Stop levy an environmental charge on all services at an additional fee of £8.00+VAT for this and to create even safer treatment and disposal options for the future.
16. Servicing Stop Ltd will not be responsible or liable for any unforeseeable losses; losses that were not caused by Servicing Stop Ltd’s employees, agents or representatives' negligence or for any business losses. This does not affect any claim that the customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill and care, that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
17. Servicing Stop Ltd will not be responsible for any loss of valuable items left by the customer and are not connected to the vehicle or damage to such items.
18. Servicing Stop Ltd will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action such as strikes”, “government disputes” or factors to be deemed out of control of Servicing Stop Ltd.
19. Health & Safety laws will apply where applicable when each customers vehicle is serviced.
20. Any customer purchasing a Servicing Stop Loyalty Booking Advanced Payment should be advised, any account remaining inactive for 90 days following the 12-month activation anniversary will expire and is non-refundable.
21. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are aware of what the service you are purchasing includes (this can be found in the detailed full/interim service schedule). We will also follow your manufacturers service schedule, and any additional items not included in our full / interim service may be charged at an extra cost, but will not be completed without prior authorisation.
22. Any complaint with respect to any car service done by Servicing Stop Ltd must be restricted to communications with Servicing Stop Ltd only and not the garages. Servicing Stop Ltd will not be liable for resolving any mistakes, issues or problems unless all correspondence remains with Servicing Stop Ltd.
23. Servicing Stop LTD will endeavour to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally normally within 28 days. If the dispute should take longer, Servicing Stop LTD will notify the customer accordingly. Where a dispute cannot be resolved within our internal complaints procedure we support the use of ADR with Small Claims Mediation (UK) ltd.
24. Servicing Stop guarantee to beat any main dealer on a service price, as long as we have been provided a written comparable quote on a like for like basis - within a 50 mile radius of the collection address. Excluding any short term promotions, for example 'January Sale'.
25. Where the transaction value is over £1000 or a fraud alert is raised, Servicing Stop Ltd reserve the right to ask for the payment to be made by BACS/CHAPS.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED IN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY SERVICING STOP LTD IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY CAN ALSO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT.