Servicing Stop Ltd is fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA). From May 2018 this will be replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. Servicing Stop Ltd is taking the necessary steps to be in line with the new regulation prior to its introduction.
For the purposes of the DPA and the GDPR, Servicing Stop's designated data controller is:
Servicing Stop Ltd
Tel: 0203 906 1793
Changes to the policy
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We'll be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how we'll collect and use your information.
- If we collect your information for a particular purpose we'll only use it for that purpose, unless you've been otherwise informed and given your permission where relevant.
- We won't ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we're collecting it.
- We'll update our records when you tell us that your details have changed.
- We'll periodically review your personal information to ensure we don't keep it for longer than is necessary.
- We'll ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We'll observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently.
- We'll train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We'll ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it's held.
Your information and how we will use it
You may be giving us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website, providing feedback or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes, for example, information you provide when you do any of the following:
- Make an enquiry via our website
- Provide feedback via the website, or report a problem with the website
- Search for our services
- Participate in a survey either commissioned or conducted by us
- Seek employment with Servicing Stop Ltd
Typical information you may give
- Your contact details, date of birth, gender
- employment and education details
- health details
- financial information, retirement information and bank details
- information on how you use this website (such as your IP address or browser information)
Information we may receive about you from other sources
- We also work closely with a number of third parties, including subcontractors, credit checking companies, analytics providers, software providers or payroll providers, and regulatory authorities or government departments, and may receive information about you from them.
- We may use this information on its own or combined with any of the information we receive or collect from you for any of the below purposes.
Reasons we may use this information
- to monitor and improve our service offering to you (including via research activities), as well as to notify you of changes to our website or service. Where we collect information by way of feedback, a survey, or research activities, this will only ever be published anonymously as a combination of responses, rather than individually, unless otherwise agreed with you.
- to carry out our obligations under any contracts between you and us, and provide you with services and information that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those you've already enquired about or received
- to provide you with information that you have consented to receive
- as part of a recruitment process, when applicable
Again, this information is treated with the utmost confidence and adheres strictly to the privacy laws and regulations that apply for this purpose within the UK. The information we have obtained from you is used solely for the job you have contracted us to perform. We will always inform you of the identity of the garage allocated to perform your service/MOT/repairs upon the confirmation of your booking.
Length of time we will keep your details on record
Under normal circumstances, we keep your details on record indefinitely. This allows us to log your vehicle's service cycle so we can issue you with a reminder when your next service or MOT is due. We do this primarily from a safety perspective and will remove you from our database entirely if you so desire. From a secondary perspective, we also use your details to keep you informed of any upcoming offers, sales or discounts that may be approaching (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, January Sales, etc).
Passing on information about you to third parties
To operate effectively as a business we may need to pass your information onto selected and trusted third parties. The third parties we may share information with are:
- Sometimes, it is necessary for us to pass your details onto one of the garages or suppliers contracted to us, in order for them to carry out the necessary work on your vehicle. We will always inform you of the identity of the garage allocated to perform your service/MOT/repairs upon the confirmation of your booking.
- government bodies, departments or other third parties, and departments for research and statistical purposes
- third-party processors
- any third party to whom we may need to disclose personal information in order to comply with our legal, regulatory and statutory obligations. This may be as part of a legal process, (for example, in response to a court order or in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where they believe it's necessary). This could be to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety, property or rights of any person. It could also include non-compliance with our website rules, or as otherwise permitted
- any third party where you've given your consent
Other third party websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites, including those of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We don't accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Security and safe storage of your personal information
Whilst Servicing Stop Ltd takes every precaution to ensure your email correspondence with us remains secure, we cannot guarantee that online communication with us cannot be intercepted or monitored by other internet users. Therefore, if your enquiry is of a private and confidential nature, we recommend contacting us by the telephone numbers listed in the 'Contact Us' section of our website.
How can you access, correct your information and withdraw consent?
If you feel any of the data we hold about you is incorrect, you can take steps to correct it by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
From 25 May 2018, depending on the circumstances, you may also have the right to:
- request erasure of personal information we hold about you
- request restriction of processing of such information
- object to the processing of such information
- request a copy of such information in a portable format
At Servicing Stop, our customers' data is of paramount importance and we take every precaution to ensure it remains secure. Should you think we have misused your data, or if you do not believe we are holding it securely you should contact us. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and they will be able to advise you on the best course of action to take.
Comments and questions
Last updated: 10 November 2017